Date of Last Update: 23/5/2018
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ostens Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10604880 whose registered office is located at 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7AJ, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site (which you must do if you would like to use some of the services and features we offer), subscribe to our services, or place an order on our Site. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and debit or credit card information (if you wish to place an order on our Site). When you register with us you can view your personal information in 'My Account'. You can access 'My Account' directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the 'forgotten password' link on the register or login page and an e-mail containing your decrypted password will be sent to the e-mail address that you originally provided.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we (or any member or brand within our group) operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site: The information you give to us is necessary to enable us to (i) fulfil your order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order); (ii) to make sure your order is delivered correctly; and (iii) to maintain your account.
- Customer service: We ask for your contact details such as your e-mail address and telephone number to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site and to notify you about the status of your order.
- Direct Marketing: We want to keep you up-to-date on our latest products, news and invite you to events.
Electronic Marketing. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail , text or post) about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Other Marketing We will only contact you by post or telephone if you have consented to this.
- Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our Site.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site: To administer our Site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Site improvement: To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Customer service: The information we collect from you will allow us to (i) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; (ii) measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and (iii) make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Security of our Site: As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member or brand within our group, which means our parent undertaking and all of its subsidiary undertakings (terms in italics shall have the meaning ascribed to them in section 1161 and 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
From time to time we retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this Site. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc.). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We do not provide your personal details to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes unless you have indicated when you registered that you wish to receive information about other companies' products, offers and services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ostens Limited (or its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the latest strong encryption technology to ensure that all transactional information is protected to the highest standard. Transactional information includes any credit or debit card details, your personal contact information together with any other names and addresses you provide when you place an order for delivery to another address, and your purchasing history. If you have given your consent prior to entering the details required for the ordering process, our Site will retain your Ostens account details such as your name, address, e-mail address and purchasing history. Each time you log into your Ostens account to create a new order you must re-enter your credit card details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
E-MAIL AND SMS OPT-OUT
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications (i) by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us or (ii) by SMS by following the "STOP" instructions provided with the message. If you have registered with us, you may also opt out of receiving marketing e-mails and/or SMS messages by logging into your account and amending your preferences.
POSTAL MAIL OPT-OUT
You can at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. If you have registered with us, you may also opt out of receiving postal mail from us by logging into your account and amending your preferences.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may request to change or delete your personal information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
RIGHT TO ERASURE
Requests for the deletion or removal of your personal data, including information published or processed online, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
If you would like access to any personal data which you have provided to us in a machine-readable format, or if you would like your data to be transferred directly to another data controller, please direct your request to email@example.com
LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
This Site, any content contained herein, and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Site are governed by English law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.